Re: VAT included?

Robert Kenny

Aug 23, 2012, 12:59:42 PM8/23/12
to broadband-p...@googlegroups.com, pan...@gmail.com
Panos -

I can speak to the VAT question. For practical reasons, the prices in the database were as they were published on the relevant operator sites. As you rightly point out, this means that in some cases they include VAT/sales taxes and in some cases they do not, depending on local commercial custom.

Perhaps for a future iteration we can include a field to address this, since I agree with you that it would improve comparability to have clarity. However, it may be a challenge to figure out applicable sales and value added tax in some jurisdictions.

Best

Rob

On 23 August 2012 14:11, Panos Loukos <pan...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Google,

this is a very valuable dataset that creates a reference point in data pricing. Thank you!

Going through it, I am now looking to clarify two things. First, is value added tax (VAT) and/or other applicable state taxes included or excluded from the charges? In certain markets, this can easily climb up to 25% hence it would be beneficial to know whether this forms part of the charges as these appear in the dataset. Secondly, are you planning a periodical update of the dataset? What schedule do you have in mind?

Thanks and regards

Panos Loukos
Senior Analyst
Operator Strategies, Informa Telecoms and Media

Robert Kenny
Founder
Communications Chambers
+44 773 858 2227