Definitions for instruments in BRO and OBI

Melissa Haendel

Jan 22, 2010, 8:21:21 PM1/22/10
to Trish Whetzel, bro-d...@googlegroups.com, Erik Segerdell
Hi Trish,
it looks like the terms I requested to be added to OBI from BRO have been imported.
Erik has been working on some definitions and they are posted to this tracker item:

Cheers,
Melissa

Dr. Melissa Haendel

Lead Curator
eagle-i Networking Research Resources
Oregon Health & Science University
hae...@ohsu.edu
skype: melissa.haendel

Trish Whetzel

Jan 22, 2010, 9:01:03 PM1/22/10
to Melissa Haendel, bro-d...@googlegroups.com, Erik Segerdell
Thanks for the information. Were these imported maintaining the BRO identifier?
In addition, some of these terms already have definitions in BRO, e.g. Calorimeter, CT Scanner.  There are proposed definitions for other BRO terms. If someone from your group would like to review and discuss these definitions that would be great!

Thanks,
Trish

Melissa Haendel

Jan 25, 2010, 10:00:15 AM1/25/10
to bro-d...@googlegroups.com, Erik Segerdell
Hi Trish,
It appears that they were imported.

Is there a place where we can look at proposed definitions? I am not seeing any specific definitions in bioportal, only references to Wikipedia. This is fine of course, but it would be better to have a definition within BRO itself. Erik is the person on our team who has been working on instruments, he's created proposed definitions for the terms imported into OBI. As for the others, they are in both places, so if they are made interoperable we will have to reconcile their definitions.

Cheers,
Melissa