Re: [Obi-devel] Funding organizations (was - substituting for Alan)

0 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Trish Whetzel

ungelesen,
08.02.2010, 12:26:1008.02.10
an Alan Ruttenberg, OBI Developers, bro-d...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:33 AM, Alan Ruttenberg <alanrut...@gmail.com> wrote:

The question on funding organizations is whether we consider them in
scope and should therefore assign ids for them. In order to avoid
issues around potential reasoning problems I suggest that they
initially be placed in an imported file. We can deal with the question
of how to package them for release
at another time. I can create the file if we agree they are in scope.

-Alan

If the decision is that funding organizations are out of the scope of OBI, they may be in scope of BRO.

Trish

Melissa Haendel

ungelesen,
08.02.2010, 12:47:0508.02.10
an bro-d...@googlegroups.com, Alan Ruttenberg, OBI Developers
Hi,

From the eagle-i perspective, virtually any organization can fund a research project, training program etc. Would it make more sense to define funding organization as is_a organization that has a funding_role?

See also this related request:

Which also discusses delineating research labs from service labs based on their roles.

Thanks,
Melissa

Nancy Whelan

ungelesen,
22.03.2010, 09:37:1822.03.10
an bro-d...@googlegroups.com
I vote for including funding agencies.
Nancy

Alan Ruttenberg

ungelesen,
22.03.2010, 11:30:2922.03.10
an bro-d...@googlegroups.com
It would be helpful to check whether the funding agencies are listed
at the medline organizations pages, as If they are, they are already
included in the prototype I sent around.

Fwiw there seems to be consensus that having the organizations as a
standalone artifact is desirable, since it serves a number of distinct
communities.

-Alan

> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bro-discuss+unsubscribegooglegroups.com or reply to this email with the words "REMOVE ME" as the subject.

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten