Meeting rooms

Antony Ireland

Aug 13, 2007, 4:09:46 PM8/13/07
to bristoljug digest subscribers
Hi guys,

I've done a _little_ bit of investigation into meeting rooms in the centre.
I did suggest the function room at Horts, but they are now charging £50 to
hire it (I didn't think we'd eat / drink enough to qualify for a discount,
some of you may beg to differ). Watershed has meeting rooms, but the
smallest was £125 to hire for a weekday evening. I also know that the
Cornubia has a room upstairs which is free, but rather basic and small.

Anyone else got any suggestions? Otherwise, perhaps a crawl round pubs of
the centre looking for function rooms as a first outing?

Ant

Steve Loughran

Aug 13, 2007, 4:54:23 PM8/13/07
to bristoljug digest subscribers

-nova scotia has a room upstairs
http://www.novascotiahotel.co.uk/4666.html

-the bristol cycling campaign meets in the llandoger trow; I dont know
the facilities there

-steve

Dave Patterson

Aug 13, 2007, 5:25:07 PM8/13/07
to bristol.jug
Yeah - £50 is a bit steep if there is only a few of us. We may be able
to score some sponsership to cover those kind of costs if we get
something going.

The surf club have a meeting at the recently refurbed Pumphouse on
Thusdays. It's not got a private room but there are some quiet areas.
The upstairs room at the Nova isn't glam but it would be a practical
option if we wanted a proper meeting.

I'm busy this week and we're on holiday next week. How about a social
evening on Wednesday 29th?

Dave Patterson.

On Aug 13, 9:54 pm, "Steve Loughran" <steve.lough...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 13/08/07, Antony Ireland <antony.irel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
>
> > I've done a _little_ bit of investigation into meeting rooms in the centre.
> > I did suggest the function room at Horts, but they are now charging £50 to
> > hire it (I didn't think we'd eat / drink enough to qualify for a discount,
> > some of you may beg to differ). Watershed has meeting rooms, but the
> > smallest was £125 to hire for a weekday evening. I also know that the
> > Cornubia has a room upstairs which is free, but rather basic and small.
>
> > Anyone else got any suggestions? Otherwise, perhaps a crawl round pubs of
> > the centre looking for function rooms as a first outing?
>

> -nova scotia has a room upstairshttp://www.novascotiahotel.co.uk/4666.html

tom.g...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2007, 5:04:31 AM8/14/07
to bristol.jug
Hi All,

I could make Wed 29th for a social.

Cheers

Tom

On Aug 13, 10:25 pm, Dave Patterson

> > -steve- Hide quoted text -

MikeJ

Aug 14, 2007, 8:24:36 AM8/14/07
to bristol.jug
I can make the 29th as well.

Cheers
Mike :-)

On Aug 14, 10:04 am, "tom.gor...@gmail.com" <tom.gor...@gmail.com>

Dave Patterson

Aug 28, 2007, 8:03:15 AM8/28/07
to bristol.jug

tom.g...@gmail.com

Aug 28, 2007, 12:00:26 PM8/28/07
to bristol.jug
I'm still up for a couple of beers social.

I'd rather make it 6pm till 8pm (so I could go straight from work).

But if that does not suit 8pm will be fine.

On Aug 28, 1:03 pm, Dave Patterson

<dave.patterson.bris...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Anyone still up for this?
>
> Say 8pm at Horts?
>

> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=BS1+2EP&ie=UTF8&ll=5...

Andy Seaborne

Aug 28, 2007, 1:25:12 PM8/28/07
to bristol.jug
Tomorrow works for me.

Time-wise: It's the other way round for me - I don't work in the centre so
8pm works, and 6pm is "tricky".

Andy

Dave Patterson

Aug 28, 2007, 4:26:21 PM8/28/07
to bristol.jug
Sorry Tom. I'm seeing my accountant at 5:30 and it could take a while
so 8 is probably safest.

Cheers.

Dave Patterson.

On Aug 28, 5:00 pm, "tom.gor...@gmail.com" <tom.gor...@gmail.com>