Sailing.

alfred ailsworth

Sep 23, 2021, 4:31:21 PM9/23/21
to Bristol Yachts
Took the grand kids  out sailing last weekend and out for their first overnight at anchor.  Sailed with dolphins, anchored in the moonlight, grilled hot dogs, and sailed with a rainbow.  A delightful trip.  The old B 32 responded with excellence as usual.

Rob Jackson

Sep 23, 2021, 4:52:10 PM9/23/21
to bristol...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a great experience all around!

Just finished a cruise ourselves and once again loved being on & in the water

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 4:31 PM 'alfred ailsworth' via Bristol Yachts <bristol...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Took the grand kids  out sailing last weekend and out for their first overnight at anchor.  Sailed with dolphins, anchored in the moonlight, grilled hot dogs, and sailed with a rainbow.  A delightful trip.  The old B 32 responded with excellence as usual.

Woodwind

Oct 1, 2021, 11:02:25 AM10/1/21
to Bristol Yachts
Love this!!!
I too have the 8’ Portabote dinghy, they are such stable platforms for smaller cruising boats . I haven’t quite figured out how to sit and row with the thwart set up yet for the eight footer though…..any tips??? I’m used to having a bigger one but I let it go to someone else that needed it and went for the lighter one.

Rob Jackson

Oct 1, 2021, 11:18:59 AM10/1/21
to bristol...@googlegroups.com
To be honest I’ve only rowed once or twice. Relying on the 2 hp Honda.
Although I did winch it up onto the boat where it fits perfectly over the cabin top.
Finding it a bit “cozy” meself!