Helm cable routing

J. David Bartenfield

Jun 17, 2022, 10:05:37 PM6/17/22
to Bristol group
I have no helm. Cable has jumped the pulleys. Worst problem is I don’t know how to route the cable. Any help appreciated.

Bristol 34

J. David Bartenfield

Jun 17, 2022, 10:06:53 PM6/17/22
to Bristol group

Joseph D

Jun 21, 2022, 11:44:34 AM6/21/22
to bristol...@googlegroups.com
I assume the cable is routed to a quadrant. On my B35 the cable goes to the two sheaves immedialtel below the pedestal, then to the port and starboard sheaves and then crossing to the opposite side around the quadrant. Hope this was some help.

Joe
Reflection B35

On Friday, June 17, 2022, 10:05:39 PM EDT, J. David Bartenfield <barte...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have no helm.  Cable has jumped the pulleys.  Worst problem is I don’t know how to route the cable.  Any help appreciated.

Bristol 34

barte...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2022, 12:24:07 PM6/21/22
to bristol...@googlegroups.com

I found the diagram in the Edison manual.  Thank you!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bristol-yachts/473015216.3718889.1655826270249%40mail.yahoo.com.

M K

Jun 21, 2022, 12:33:14 PM6/21/22
to bristol...@googlegroups.com
If your steering system is from Edson, take a look at their technical help on their website:

Marilyn
"Adena" B35.5c