bristol 32 1979

2016ma...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2021, 5:19:32 PM6/21/21
to Bristol Yachts
i need to replace the deck hand rails  which are connected to the cabin hand rail.   the connect screw  go up from the cabin rail to the deck hand rails.    the head of the screws is covered by a wood plug....wood plugs has to be removed to unscrew.     Whoever replace the rails please let me know if  removing the screws will be easy.....i am having the hand rails made...

Ken Bridges

Jun 21, 2021, 5:25:56 PM6/21/21
to bristol...@googlegroups.com
On my b24 they are fastened together with threaded rod for the bolts and the nut end sticks out on the cabin handrail with a acorn nut on it. I could grab the end with vise grips to get them out. They unscrewed pretty well as it was only in wood no metal to bond.
Have two people when you install. That’s the tricky part. I also overdrilled the cabin top holes filled with epoxy and then the bolt hole through the epoxy. No core leaks!!

On Mon, Jun 21, 2021 at 5:19 PM 2016ma...@gmail.com <2016ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
i need to replace the deck hand rails  which are connected to the cabin hand rail.   the connect screw  go up from the cabin rail to the deck hand rails.    the head of the screws is covered by a wood plug....wood plugs has to be removed to unscrew.     Whoever replace the rails please let me know if  removing the screws will be easy.....i am having the hand rails made...

2016ma...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2021, 5:32:09 PM6/21/21
to Bristol Yachts
the hand rails are not like that...the screw is covered with a teak plug...  screw goes up.  the rail was damaged and broke, i had no links therefore i want the screws to be the same size....still looking for someone that has a  bristol 32 for more info....thanks

Ken Bridges

Jun 21, 2021, 7:43:13 PM6/21/21
to bristol...@googlegroups.com
They sound the same, screw head is recessed. Best of luck,
Ken