60’s Era Bristol 29 restoration - Main Cabin Window Repair/Replacement

Woodwind

Sep 12, 2021, 2:10:25 PM9/12/21
to Bristol Yachts
Hello All!
Nice to find this group!!

I have a 1965 Bristol 29. All is restored and upgraded minus the interior and windlass.
 I sailed her for 8 years after the mechanical, engine, rigging, fuel tank and sail plan upgrade. This gave me time to sail her and have solid ideas and input and how I’d like the interior configured.  I’m getting my Saye’s Rig windvane set up and installing a transom ladder  this month.

Then I’ll be on to beginning an interior update/upgrade. Mostly paint and possibly a ceiling in the Vee, an alcohol stove/countertop/cabinet install, portable head install, head sole upgrade?,reworking the mast compression post supports and adding a mini chart table/storage to the port side under the switch panel. After all is finished I will install a dodger.

I’m now looking  at the main cabin windows, the frames are cracked and the windows are leaking a little bit, two of four are leaking. Has anyone out there been able to successfully find a vendor that will make the metal frames or found a source of these window frames? I do understand that they were custom contracted by the Bristol factory and the likelihood of finding a good used window frames might be pretty slim.

Also if anyone has any ideas on the interior upgrade and especially the window frames they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Elizabeth

david.b...@gmail.com

Sep 13, 2021, 8:06:32 PM9/13/21
to Bristol Yachts
You would be better off having the frames welded.

Woodwind

Oct 1, 2021, 11:06:56 AM10/1/21
to Bristol Yachts
Thanks David! I’m going to heed your advice and pull them and see if I can get some help repairing them.   Cheers!!!