1985 Bristol 41.1 Engine Issue

已查看 25 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Richard Palmieri

未读,
2022年9月3日 14:20:492022/9/3
收件人 Bristol Yachts
I recently purchased a 1985 Bristol 41.1 that had been repowered in 2016 with a Beta Marine 50. The engine had 640 hours on it and I put 120 hours on it getting back to my home in Florida. As I was coming into my slip the engine simply stopped.

My diesel mechanic friend and I could not determine what the problem was so we decided to take the engine apart and investigate. I have attached a photo of what we found after we were able to hoist the engine off of its supports.

Apparently when the engine was repowered in 2016, the installers left a towel inside the engine oil sump. Apparently one of the ways to get this engine onto this model Bristol is to remove various bits, including the oil sump so it can be hoisted down through the aft hatch.

My next step is to identify the scope of damage and decide whether it can be repaired or if I must replace the engine.

Has anyone ever encountered this situation? The boat was in excellent condition when I purchased it, having been very well maintained by its prior owner.

I have sent an email to Beta Marine UK with a request for info on the Dealer that the engine was shipped to and who did the installation.

Would appreciate any thoughts?

Towel in Bristol sump 2.jpg
回复全部
回复作者