Sunshine Coast Wildflower Festival

1 view

Marina Novak

Aug 26, 2020, 6:31:39 PM8/26/20
to bris...@googlegroups.com
Hi BRAINiacs

Well, it's not rainforest but I thought you would be interested to know anyway. The Sunshine Coast Wildflower Festival is still on for another few days with some organised events but you can also do self-guided walks.

We went up last weekend and did a couple of lovely walks: the Scientific Area 1 walk at Beerwah and Currimundi Lake at Wurtulla. Both easy level walking and lots of flowers to see and take photos of. You'll be spoiled for choice. The Beerwah map on the downloadable brochure is a little hard to follow so email me at marina...@gmail.com if you want some tips on how to find it.

We stopped in at the Glasshouse Mountains visitor centre and picked up a copy of the Ranger field guide: Native plants of Glass House Mountains National Park. A snip at only $23. The staff know nothing about the walks but they are friendly and you'll find out from the displays inside why the Mountains are so named.

Kind regards,
Marina