Eucalyptus spp.

Anne Jones

Mar 23, 2020, 12:05:11 AM3/23/20
to BRAIN
Hi all,

One of our regular bushcarers has asked for an identification to species for two different eucalypus. See photo of nuts and twigs attached. They were found at Fish Creek The Gap.

Thanks.

Cheers, Anne
–––––––––
Anne Jones
annepatr...@gmail.com
917 Waterworks Road
The Gap QLD 4061
Mobile: 0438 047 910

John Moss

Mar 29, 2020, 9:31:11 PM3/29/20
to BRAIN
Hi Anne

I could only see one species in the photo. The thin-rimmed fruit show 4 slightly exserted valves typical of both
Sydney Blue Gum (Eucalyptus saligna) and Flooded Gum (E grandis).
Probably the latter as the protruding valves are incurved (turned inwards)and the species would occur naturally at that location.
E saligna valves are either erect or turned outwards.

John Moss