Queries using Brisk Hive throws exception

Cassa L

Sep 30, 2011, 7:23:32 PM9/30/11
to Brisk Users
Hi,
I am trying to run portfolio demo provided in Brisk installation.
When I run commands on Hive, I get following errors -
select count(*) from PortfolioDemo.StockHist;
Total MapReduce jobs = 1
Launching Job 1 out of 1
Number of reduce tasks determined at compile time: 1
In order to change the average load for a reducer (in bytes):
set hive.exec.reducers.bytes.per.reducer=<number>
In order to limit the maximum number of reducers:
set hive.exec.reducers.max=<number>
In order to set a constant number of reducers:
set mapred.reduce.tasks=<number>
java.io.IOException: unable to connect to server

--
I see from OpsCenter that this table exists in HiveMetaStore. If I do
select query for other tables, it works. I'm wondering whats wrong

L.

Cassa L

Oct 3, 2011, 6:43:19 PM10/3/11
to Brisk Users
Hi,
I still have no luck with this issue. Can someone reply with some
pointer?

Thanks,

Jake Luciani

Oct 3, 2011, 6:55:56 PM10/3/11
to brisk...@googlegroups.com
What did you set rpc_address to ? Try setting it to 0.0.0.0

Cassa L

Oct 3, 2011, 7:23:55 PM10/3/11
to Brisk Users
Hi Jake,
yes, rpc_address is 0.0.0.0. Its a mixed node cluster.

On Oct 3, 3:55 pm, Jake Luciani <jak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> What did you set rpc_address to ?  Try setting it to 0.0.0.0

Jake Luciani

Oct 3, 2011, 8:13:16 PM10/3/11
to brisk...@googlegroups.com
Anything in the hadoop log for this job?

It could also be your hive table settings for StockHist.Portfolios or

in /etc/brisk/hive/hive-site.xml
<property>
  <name>cassandra.connection.host</name>
  <value>127.0.0.1</value>