Help required to resolve warning "Library not permitted in app bundle" :-(

itsa...@icloud.com

Sep 24, 2015, 11:06:13 AM9/24/15
to Brighton iPhone Creators
Hello all,

Yep, me with another issue!

I’ve just built my app with Xcode 7.0 which validates fine but almost at the end of submission to iTunes Connect I see the following:

I don’t know why it’s singled out BTFeedbackViewController.o specifically (though given it says “several warnings” there may be others it’s not showing), but I’m not sure what to do about it. The named file makes a call to a method in libBTSystem.a.

My app's project includes another project “BTSystem.xcodeproject” which creates the target of libBTSystem.a and that static library is included in the collection of “Linked Frameworks & Libraries” for my app.

Now, libraries are clearly there to be included in a project but is it the case that I should include a Framework in my app and not a static library? Is this a change in Apple’s policy or have I just done something silly since my successful submission of this app last year (Xcode beta trashed by Git archive so I can’t go back and look at what my code was like last year).

File > New > Target provides the option to create a static Cocoa touch library so they’re still around in Xcode 7

Any help gratefully received as ever.

Cheers,

Stephen

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. - Voltaire

Paul Ledger

Sep 24, 2015, 11:14:20 AM9/24/15
to brighton-iphone-creators
Is there an info plist for the static library in this project, if there is you should be able to delete the CFBundleExecutable entry in the static libraries info.plist

Paul
Mobile App Development