oauth_signature, An unknown error has occured

noah

Aug 29, 2010, 10:36:52 AM8/29/10
to brightk...@googlegroups.com
Getting a 422 response with [["oauth_signature", "An unknown error has occurred!"]] when trying to create a check-in. That error message doesn't really give me much to go on.

I'm posting to http://brightkite.com/objects.json. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

LJHarb

Aug 30, 2010, 2:33:45 PM8/30/10
to Brightkite API
Hi Noah -

If you try the same checkin with Basic Authentication instead of
OAuth, does it go through successfully? (This will ensure that your
standard parameters are correct)

If you use OAuth and try a GET request on http://brightkite.com/me.xml
or http://brightkite.com/me.json are you able to see your user account
information?

- Jordan

On Aug 29, 7:36 am, noah <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Getting a 422 response with [["oauth_signature", "An unknown error
> has occurred!"]] when trying to create a check-in. That error message
> doesn't really give me much to go on.
>
> I'm posting tohttp://brightkite.com/objects.json. Any idea what I could be
> doing wrong?

noah

Aug 30, 2010, 3:40:31 PM8/30/10
On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM, LJHarb <jor...@brightkite.com> wrote:
Hi Noah -

If you try the same checkin with Basic Authentication instead of
OAuth, does it go through successfully? (This will ensure that your
standard parameters are correct)

Yup. Works just fine.

If you use OAuth and try a GET request on http://brightkite.com/me.xml
or http://brightkite.com/me.json are you able to see your user account
information?

Yup. That looks good too.

- Jordan

On Aug 29, 7:36 am, noah <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Getting a 422 response with [["oauth_signature", "An unknown error
> has occurred!"]] when trying to create a check-in. That error message
> doesn't really give me much to go on.
>
> I'm posting tohttp://brightkite.com/objects.json. Any idea what I could be
> doing wrong?

LJHarb

Aug 30, 2010, 5:54:52 PM8/30/10
to Brightkite API
Hi Noah -

In order to locate this issue in our logs, could you email me directly
with as much info as possible: username, IP address, timestamp, etc?

Hopefully we can get this resolved ASAP!

- Jordan

On Aug 30, 12:40 pm, noah <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM, LJHarb <jor...@brightkite.com> wrote:
> > Hi Noah -
>
> > If you try the same checkin with Basic Authentication instead of
> > OAuth, does it go through successfully? (This will ensure that your
> > standard parameters are correct)
>
> Yup. Works just fine.
>

> > If you use OAuth and try a GET request onhttp://brightkite.com/me.xml
> > orhttp://brightkite.com/me.jsonare you able to see your user account
> > information?
>
> Yup. That looks good too.
>

> > - Jordan
>
> > On Aug 29, 7:36 am, noah <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Getting a 422 response with [["oauth_signature", "An unknown error
> > > has occurred!"]] when trying to create a check-in. That error message
> > > doesn't really give me much to go on.
>
> > > I'm posting tohttp://brightkite.com/objects.json. Any idea what I could
> > be
> > > doing wrong?
>
> > --
> > .

LJHarb

Aug 30, 2010, 6:38:06 PM8/30/10
to Brightkite API
Hi Noah -

Thanks for your email with more info! As it turns out, you are sending
object[shared_with] - the server is returning "422 Unprocessable
Entity" because the correct parameter is object[share_with] (no "d" on
"share"). Please reference http://api.brightkite.com/objects.html for
further questions.

In general, a 422 response will always indicate that incorrect
parameters were used.

- Jordan

On Aug 30, 2:54 pm, LJHarb <jor...@brightkite.com> wrote:
> Hi Noah -
>
> In order to locate this issue in our logs, could you email me directly
> with as much info as possible: username, IP address, timestamp, etc?
>
> Hopefully we can get this resolved ASAP!
>
> - Jordan
>
> On Aug 30, 12:40 pm, noah <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 1:33 PM, LJHarb <jor...@brightkite.com> wrote:
> > > Hi Noah -
>
> > > If you try the same checkin with Basic Authentication instead of
> > > OAuth, does it go through successfully? (This will ensure that your
> > > standard parameters are correct)
>
> > Yup. Works just fine.
>
> > > If you use OAuth and try a GET request onhttp://brightkite.com/me.xml
> > > orhttp://brightkite.com/me.jsonareyou able to see your user account

noah

Aug 30, 2010, 6:45:02 PM8/30/10
to brightk...@googlegroups.com
I just tried again with share_with (at 5:43) and I still get the error.

LJHarb

Aug 30, 2010, 6:47:23 PM8/30/10
to Brightkite API
Thanks, I'll do some more digging.

Thought we had it there for a second :-)

- Jordan