View a specific Place via iPhone Custom URL Scheme

Lee Greenwood

Sep 2, 2010, 8:02:00 AM9/2/10
to Brightkite API
Hi all,

I'm working on a web app that should fire users across to the
Brightkite iOS app, when required, in order to view a specific venue/
place.

I know that there is a custom URL schema, available via bkite://
however i have been experimenting and cannot find any exmaples of how
to pass parameters to this url scheme, in order to view a specific
place.

I'd really appreciate a nudge in the right direction with this one.

Thanks,

Tom Terrill

Sep 2, 2010, 2:47:41 PM9/2/10
to brightk...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lee,

We are in the midst of refactoring our usage of the schemes in the iPhone app, but here's what you can use right now:

bk:///place/:id

where :id is the brightkite place id.  An example would be:

-Tom Terrill

Lee Greenwood

Sep 3, 2010, 3:52:35 AM9/3/10
to Brightkite API
Thanks Tom, thats' brilliant.

I'll keep an eye on future developments, but for now, that's ideal.

Lee