Use API in an iPhone app that is not free?

Dhiraj Gupta

Aug 24, 2010, 5:18:48 AM8/24/10
to Brightkite API
As per this discussion thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/brightkite-api/browse_thread/thread/d932c951dc8cc8da
,
it seems to be okay to use the Brightkite API in a commercial iPhone
app even though the terms of service forbids commercial use. While
Martin May says that the terms of service will be updated to include
this kind of use case, this has apparently not been done as yet.

Any comments?
Is it *still* alright to proceed to use the Brightkite API in a
commercial app? I'm just about to do this. :)

Thanks,
Regards,
Dhiraj.

LJHarb

Aug 24, 2010, 2:08:02 PM8/24/10
to Brightkite API
Hi Dhiraj -

Although we haven't updated our TOS yet, this kind of use is generally
OK. What is your intended use case? I'll run it by the top brass just
to be sure.

- Jordan

On Aug 24, 2:18 am, Dhiraj Gupta <dhirajgu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As per this discussion thread:http://groups.google.com/group/brightkite-api/browse_thread/thread/d9...

Dhiraj Gupta

Sep 2, 2010, 11:31:39 AM9/2/10
to Brightkite API
That's good, thanks. :)

Not looking to do something spectacular with the API at the moment,
just want to search and list matching places.

-Dhiraj.