Oauth authorize broken?

uberpowergeek

Jun 4, 2010, 6:23:42 PM6/4/10
to Brightkite API
I'm having issues getting authorize to work now and I didn't change my
code. Did something change on brightkite's side? Can anyone confirm?

Nothus

Jun 4, 2010, 11:23:56 PM6/4/10
to Brightkite API
On Jun 4, 3:23 pm, uberpowergeek <benfloer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having issues getting authorize to work now and I didn't change my
> code.  Did something change on brightkite's side?  Can anyone confirm?

I'm having problems also.

I can get to the Allow/Deny page no problem, and it does state my
app's name in the info on the page, but when I hit 'Allow', nothing
much happens. It just takes it to the same URL with a #submit on it,
like so:

http://brightkite.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=TOKENGOESHERE
http://brightkite.com/oauth/authorize?oauth_token=TOKENGOESHERE#submit

(the orig tokens I replaced with 'TOKENGOESHERE')

This lead me to believe it can be a javascript error. I did have
firefox with firebug going when I clicked, but no errors reported. I
also tried the whole process in Safari and in IE8.

I'm using ruby's OAuth libs, and am sending the :oauth_callback, which
is the same url set in brightkite's app setup for it's callback.

Thanks!

uberpowergeek

Jun 4, 2010, 11:56:18 PM6/4/10
to Brightkite API

Good to hear I'm not going mad here.

I've been back and forth with Kevin Strishock of brightkite and he's
looking into it. I think it is safe to say that something is broke on
brightkite's side.

LJHarb

Jun 5, 2010, 2:13:22 AM6/5/10
to Brightkite API
Hey guys -

I'll take a look at it over the weekend and hopefully have a solution
for you some time Monday at the latest.

I'll post here when I have an update.

- Jordan

LJHarb

Jun 7, 2010, 8:17:10 PM6/7/10
to Brightkite API
I've pushed a fix to this issue to the production site - please try
the OAuth process and tell me if it's working or not.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience!

- Jordan

Benjamin Floering

Jun 7, 2010, 11:00:29 PM6/7/10
to brightk...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed working again, thanks!

-Ben

Nothus

Jun 12, 2010, 1:08:46 AM6/12/10
to Brightkite API
Thanks! The oauth callback url is being called when you hit 'Allow'!

But...

Now I'm getting a '401 Unauthorized' when I try to get the access
token (right after the callback) I checked and rechecked to make sure
the API is setup, keys were right, etc... I know this worked before
when testing a while back. I have Foursquare oauth working, and the
brightkite controller is very similar to that.

Right now I'm at a loss as where to go from here. I guess it would be
a good time to ask if everyone's oauth is working from start to
finish. My account and API keys were setup in the last month because
we changed the name of the app (the previous account and keys worked
in testing at about the beginning of the year) which may be a
contributing factor? The account I'm trying to auth is a few years
old.

Thanks for any feedback!
Nothus