SPAM /JUNK MAIL

ummKarim

Nov 8, 2009, 1:28:03 PM11/8/09
to bridget...@googlegroups.com
As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh

Could you please tell me what controls are there for this group to stop junk/spam mail. I have been getting a few emails from this group which are not appropriate.

I fear if these can not be controlled I may have to leave this group, as I fear phising amongst other things.

Is there no way of making this group a members only group and access is only gained through a moderator like a yahoo or .ning group.

fe aman Illah
Shakira (Viv)

Suehila Smith

Nov 8, 2009, 1:30:37 PM11/8/09
to bridget...@googlegroups.com
wa alaikumu salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

I cannot tell you if there is a way to control it, I have the ability to remove the spam mail once it arrives but I cannot control what makes its way in. And of course the spam is reported.

I will forward your question to the people at DiscoverU.

salaam

Khoula Khan

Nov 8, 2009, 3:56:24 PM11/8/09
to bridget...@googlegroups.com
u can modify ur profile, thers option of how u want to recieve the emails, try doing that and see i it works

ummKarim

Nov 8, 2009, 4:17:41 PM11/8/09
to bridget...@googlegroups.com
JazakAllahu Khayran Sis

I will, I forgot. It was easier getting mail come direct to my thunderbird account. I will set it so I just read online.

Shukran
Fe aman Illah