Tools to build Brick model

Gautham Shettigar

Nov 24, 2021, 12:30:21 AM11/24/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi,
I would like to know about the tools available to build brick model

Regards,
Gautham

Oisín Grehan

Dec 1, 2021, 2:56:15 PM12/1/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
protégé (stanford.edu) is free, but demands a good understanding of OWL and related things. It works with pure RDF.

Jetbrain's PyCharm Professional is good, though not free -- and I'd recommend this plugin (also paid) RDF and SPARQL - IntelliJ IDEs Plugin | Marketplace (jetbrains.com)

The ferrari is probably TopBraid Composer - Maestro Edition — TopQuadrant, Inc -- with a corresponding cost too. It's very expensive. Protege is like a poor man's version of TopBraid, IMO.

Gabe Fierro

Dec 14, 2021, 10:45:24 AM12/14/21
to Oisín Grehan, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)

Hi Gautham:

I wrote up a short page pointing towards the current resources for building a Brick model: https://docs.brickschema.org/lifecycle/creation.html

Best,

Gabe

Gautham Shettigar

Dec 15, 2021, 12:58:03 AM12/15/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Thank you very much for the information