BMS point label - Brick mapping

Xiaoshan Fang

Dec 8, 2021, 3:34:46 AM12/8/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)

Dear all,

How to map building point label data to Brick entities. Could anyone please possibly recommend some:

1) related works
and / or
2) benchmarking point label data?

Thank you very much.
-xiaoshan

Gabe Fierro

Dec 8, 2021, 12:57:10 PM12/8/21
to Xiaoshan Fang, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi Xiaoshan:

I've written up a (basic) page on some of the maintained/implemented ways of creating Brick models from different types of source data: https://docs.brickschema.org/lifecycle/creation.html . There is a section on point labels at the bottom

In terms of related work for point label data: there is a body of academic work, but very little maintained code. I would recommend looking at:
- Bhattacharya's work on human-in-the-loop labeling: https://dl.acm.org/doi/10.1145/2821650.2821667

as well as related works from those authors.

Best,
Gabe

Xiaoshan Fang

Dec 9, 2021, 12:49:39 AM12/9/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Dear Gabe,

Thank you. I tried OpenRefine.  While I tried to reconciliate a column following your video "Making a Brick Model with OpenRefine + BrickBuilder" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKcXMvrxXzE) , there is no “Simple Reconciliation Service” on my OpenRefine windows.
simple-reconciliation-service.png

Xiaoshan Fang

Dec 9, 2021, 12:53:51 AM12/9/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Solved. :))

Xiaoshan Fang

Dec 10, 2021, 5:22:38 AM12/10/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Dear Gabe,

In some of your documents I found that you have written Python Scripts to 1) parse point names to generate Brick entities and infer the relationships between them. 2) convert Haystack entities to Brick entities. for the six example buildings described on Brick website.

I took a look at: https://github.com/BrickSchema/Brick. I did not found them.

Could you please give me some hint?

Thank you very much.

-xiaoshan

在2021年12月9日星期四 UTC+8 01:57:10<gt.f...@berkeley.edu> 写道:

Gabe Fierro

Dec 10, 2021, 1:59:24 PM12/10/21
to brick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Xiaoshan:

They are located here: https://github.com/BuildSysUniformMetadata/GroundTruth . They are for the original 6 buildings which only have point labels; as a result, the models and the code base do not reflect current Brick best practices. You can see an updated example of the Soda Hall brick model creation here: https://github.com/gtfierro/rule-based-model-builder/tree/main/examples/soda

Best,

Gabe