Emergency Generator

Morris Chen

Jul 4, 2021, 12:14:02 PM7/4/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
I am new guy to Brick and now I start to build up brick model of "Emergency Generator" in out target building.

Here are my questions,

1. How to create a new class for "Emergency Generator"?
2. Where can I find the example for building up  brick model of "Emergency Generator"?

Many Thanks

BR,

Morris

J Li

Jul 4, 2021, 8:56:35 PM7/4/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hey man, I'm not an expert, but normally you can find the entity you want from the ontology. It has  Emergency Generator Status and Alarm.
If you do need to modify the entity, you could clone and install the repo and change the files in bricksrc, and then regenerate brick ontology.

Gabe Fierro

Jul 5, 2021, 11:20:49 PM7/5/21
to brick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Morris:

You should follow the instructions at CONTRIBUTING.md for adding a new class to Brick. I think it makes sense to create three new subclasses.

Energy Generation Equipment, a subclass of Electrical Equipment

Generator, a subclass of Energy Generation Equipment

Emergency Generator, a subclass of Generator

Be sure to add the definitions of the concepts in definitions.csv, as documented in CONTRIBUTING.md.

We don't currently have an example specifically for Emergency Generator, but you can probably build off of https://github.com/BrickSchema/Brick/blob/master/examples/building_meter/building_meter.ttl, which will have a similar structure.

If there are specific points or attributes of the generator that you would like to be able to model, we can add entity properties that capture those.

Best,

Gabe

Morris Chen

Jul 6, 2021, 12:37:09 AM7/6/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi Gabe,

Thanks for ur information and I will build those based on the example from building_meter.ttl.

BR,

Morris
gt.f...@berkeley.edu 在 2021年7月6日 星期二上午11:20:49 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Morris Chen

Jul 6, 2021, 12:39:28 AM7/6/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi Camphorgreen,

Thanks

campho...@gmail.com 在 2021年7月5日 星期一上午8:56:35 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Morris Chen

Jul 6, 2021, 3:13:13 AM7/6/21
to Gabe Fierro, brick...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gabe and All,

Need to make sure the meaning for each class -"Energy_Generation_Equipment", "Generator" and "Emergency_Generator"

Here are the description for each term...

Energy Generation Equipment(a subclass of Equipment) represents

(1) a device that converts a form of energy into another form of energy for use

Generator( a subclass of Energy Generation Equipment) represents

(1) a device that converts a form of energy into electricity for use.

Emergency Generator, a subclass of Generator

(1) a device that converts a form of energy into electricity for emergency use

Any Idea?

BR,

Morris

Gabe Fierro <gt.f...@berkeley.edu> 於 2021年7月6日 週二 上午11:20寫道:

Gabe Fierro

Jul 6, 2021, 12:18:38 PM7/6/21
to Morris Chen, brick...@googlegroups.com

Hi Morris:

I like the provided definitions, but I am also deferring to the community for feedback.

Best,

Gabe

Morris Chen

Jul 6, 2021, 8:48:00 PM7/6/21