Brick-server Issues

Jimmy Li

Jul 22, 2021, 9:19:08 AM7/22/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hey guys,
I'm just asking, is the brick server still under maintenance?

Jason Koh

Jul 26, 2021, 3:38:54 AM7/26/21
to Jimmy Li, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi Jimmy,

I have been away from maintaining that for a while due to my day job and personal events. I will try to find some time for resolving the issues in this week.

That said, I don't have enough cycles to actively develop the code outside intermittently reviewing PRs and Issues. I'd be happy to guide any voluntary developer/maintainer though.

With regards,
Jason Koh
jbkoh.github.io

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 6:19 AM Jimmy Li <campho...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm just asking, is the brick server still under maintenance?

Jason Koh

Jul 26, 2021, 3:46:08 AM7/26/21
to Jimmy Li, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Btw, what's your major use case of brick-server? Do you plan to use the API for developing your application or try to learn the concepts of how to use Brick with timeseries data? If it's the latter case, Gabe's recent tutorial over using Brick with TimescaleDB is a great alternative too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZYNXoiM8gk

With regards,
Jason Koh
jbkoh.github.io

Jimmy Li

Jul 26, 2021, 4:14:55 AM7/26/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Thanks, I found the causes. The wrong order of timestamps caused 500. Timescaledb exited with code 1 was caused by not enough disk space.
But it would be great to have a guide on how to create the postgresql image.
Gabe's video is also an option.

Jason Koh

Jul 26, 2021, 2:32:33 PM7/26/21
to Jimmy Li, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hey Jimmy, glad you figured it out. I will add a lint layer in the code to capture that. The disk space issue was unknown to me. Will check if timescale has some general guidance for it.

Gabe Fierro

Jul 26, 2021, 2:45:50 PM7/26/21
to Jason Koh, Jimmy Li, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)

Hi everyone:

TimescaleDB has support for retention policies which can drop older data when requested. You may also want to look into compression which has been very effective for reducing disk space in my experience.

Best,

Gabe