Brick 1.2 ontology: parser issue with non uri / string seeAlso values

Leland Jobson

May 9, 2021, 4:31:06 PM5/9/21
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi All,

New to the forum and apologies if this is something that's been brought up already. I'm writing a program that consume's bricks' ontology .ttl's issued on the official website using .NET RDF. I got a couple of errors on seeAlso properties which had non string values which were unable to be resolved, such as:

Line 12984:

brick:Heat_Exchanger a owl:Class ;
    rdfs:label "Heat Exchanger" ;
    rdfs:seeAlso <BEDES> ;

The parser doesn't know what BEDES is. There are only 2 instances of this in the .ttl where a URI or string isn't provided.

Commenting these two places out resulted in a successful parse.

Gabe Fierro

May 10, 2021, 5:52:18 PM5/10/21
to Leland Jobson, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi Leland:

Thanks for letting us know about the issue! rdfs:seeAlso accepts both Literals and URIs as arguments, but the Brick ontology generation did not take that into account. I've addressed the bug in this PR and future releases of Brick will have this amended. Hopefully v1.2.1 will be out soon so there will be an official release with the encoding fixed.

Best,
Gabe