BMS Original Labels <-> Brick Tagsets Dataset?

Christopher Hitzel

Apr 13, 2022, 4:00:14 PMApr 13
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hello all,

Hope you all are well. Bit of a naive question here, as I've been out of the loop for a while.

Is there a good dataset of original BMS point labels and their Brick tagsets? Maybe someone has taken something like Zodiac and tagged it up? Or maybe there are source files for the example mappings on the Brick website?

I messed around with pulling some sample data via Mortar maybe 1 or 2 years ago, I cannot recall what was there in terms of original point name availability.

My reason for asking is that I've been messing around with using fine-tuned large language models to do BMS point name normalization, and I have had some small but encouraging successes.

I think conversion to a standard is probably a pretty sensible approach. In theory, with sufficiently good data, a community could maintain a fine-tuned model as a public good.

Thanks,
Chris

Erik Paulson

Apr 18, 2022, 4:08:09 PMApr 18
to Christopher Hitzel, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Unfortunately, I don't think there's a large set of labeled examples anywhere. Professor Clayton Miller has collected some pointnames in a Kaggle repo:

but it's a start of a dataset, and much of it doesn't actually have labels yet.

-Erik

Message has been deleted