Lighting and occupancy sensor interaction

AnandaVelMurugan Chandra Mohan

Mar 7, 2022, 9:23:52 AM3/7/22
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hello Team,

How do I represent the interaction between occupancy sensor and light on-off status. Based on occupancy, lights are switched on or off. I have observed lighting controls that switch off the lights if no motion is detected for a configured amount of time. Please advise how to model these in bricks schema. Thank you

Regards,
Anand

Gabe Fierro

Apr 1, 2022, 4:46:15 PM4/1/22
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hi there!

Apologies for the delay -- for some reason my forum messages were routed to spam.

My suggestion is to associate the occupancy sensor with the space that it monitors which is also fed by the luminaire w/ the on-off status:

:luminaire a brick:Luminaire ;
  brick:hasPoint :on-off-status ;
  brick:feeds :lighting-zone .

:lighting-zone a brick:Lighting_Zone ;
  brick:hasPart :room1 .

:room1 a brick:Room ;
  brick:hasPoint :occupancy-sensor .

:occupancy-sensor a brick:Occupancy_Sensor .
:on-off-status a brick:On_Off_Status

Does that solve your problem?

best,
Gabe