Brick demo program

Shajen m

Oct 9, 2018, 11:08:32 PM10/9/18
to Brick Users
Hi
I liked the brick library. I have created an animation program "Tower of Hanoi" using bricks. I like to contribute this as Demo Program

Thanks
-Shajen

Jonathan Daugherty

Oct 10, 2018, 11:45:28 AM10/10/18
to Shajen m, Brick Users
Greetings,

That's a very cool project! I think it's really nice that you want to
contribute it as a demo in the library, but I think it would be better
as a separate package. The Brick library demos have a specific purpose:
to provide a demo program to emphasize one feature of the library at a
time, so as to be easily digestible for people who are learning. I
think your application is more sophisticated than I want the demo
programs to be, though.

However, I would be happy to add your project to the Featured Projects
list in the Brick README. How does that sound?

https://github.com/jtdaugherty/brick#featured-projects

--
Jonathan Daugherty

Shajen m

Oct 10, 2018, 3:47:59 PM10/10/18
to cyg...@foobox.com, brick...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good to me to add as a Featured Project. Thanks for considering my application.

-Shajen

Jonathan Daugherty

Oct 10, 2018, 5:58:17 PM10/10/18
to Shajen m, brick...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Do you think that code is likely to continue to be available at that location? I ask since it’s part of a larger learning repository, in case you are planning on making it separate.

Jonathan Daugherty

Oct 11, 2018, 12:04:21 PM10/11/18
to Shajen m, brick...@googlegroups.com
> Jonathan,
> Yes, it is better to keep in more stable repository. I have moved to
> another repository. Please use this one.
>
> https://github.com/shajenM/projects/tree/master/towerHanoi

Done!

https://github.com/jtdaugherty/brick#featured-projects

Thanks!