Crazy question: Terminal within a Brick interface?

Garrett Mitchener

Aug 15, 2019, 10:25:08 AM8/15/19
to Brick Users
Hi, I've been using Haskell for quite a while now, and I'm considering writing some things using Brick. I thought I should ask before I get any further into this: Suppose I wanted to write a split-screen interface, something like midnight commander or tmux, with a terminal emulator on one side and something else on the other, maybe a directory listing. Is there any easy way to have a terminal emulator as a panel within a Brick interface?

Jonathan Daugherty

Aug 15, 2019, 1:22:00 PM8/15/19
to Garrett Mitchener, Brick Users
Hi Garrett,

That’s an interesting idea! Brick does not support it, though. The Vty library would need to support it first.