Where are the developers? When will they be back?

Henry Miller

Jul 28, 2020, 4:22:45 AM7/28/20
to Brian
Hi,

Anyone knows when the developers, in particular, Stimberg will be back? We really need their valuable assistance on certain issues here....

hunbe...@gmail.com

Jul 29, 2020, 7:13:03 AM7/29/20
to Brian
Yep, it is getting annoying that people who can help refuse to lend a helping hand. It is a waste that this software is perfect for simulation, yet the community (or even the collaborators) seems to be rather inactive or nonchalant about solving problems. It is research, we are doing things that could potentially benefit the world, yet people are behaving like research is so secretive ... trust issues much?

Oliver Dibb

Jul 30, 2020, 10:30:33 AM7/30/20
to Brian
While I think that many of us in the community (including myself) could do more to help others, it's both unreasonable and rude to ask more from the developers, who already put so much time and hard work into this software that we all use for free.
I have seen no evidence of the developers being 'nonchalant' about solving problems, and you'll find common themes across questions that don't tend to get answered. From my experience here, any question that is sufficiently well posed and politely written tends to get an answer fairly quickly.

Yes, the community (not the developers) could probably be more active, but this is not something that comes about from comments like this.