Announcement: new Brian community to replace Google groups

Dan Goodman

Aug 24, 2020, 12:34:00 PM8/24/20
to brians...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are very happy to announce that we have just opened a new Brian
community on Discourse.

https://brian.discourse.group

This is intended to replace this Google group, although we'll keep this
open for the next month to manage the transition.

The new community has some great new features, including the ability to
mark questions as answered. Your profile will show which questions
you've answered, so that you can get some visible credit for helping
other community members. In addition, posting code, equations and images
should be much easier in the new system. You can sign in immediately
with email or github.

Looking forward to seeing you in the new community,
Dan, Marcel, Romain

ruben.tikid...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2020, 10:21:22 AM8/25/20
to Brian
I tried to register on the new community, but registration stuck on user-name availability checking. Now the page looks like this:
Screenshot_20200825_101641.png

Dan Goodman

Aug 25, 2020, 10:26:42 AM8/25/20
to brians...@googlegroups.com

Looks like bad timing - I guess Discourse are working on something. Try again later or tomorrow and hopefully should be OK. It's nothing on our end, so I assume it's a general Discourse issue (and hopefully short lived).

Dan

--
http://www.facebook.com/briansimulator
https://twitter.com/briansimulator

Please cite Brian 2: Stimberg M, Brette R, Goodman DFM (2019). Brian 2, an intuitive and efficient neural simulator. eLife, doi: 10.7554/eLife.47314.
---

ruben.tikid...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2020, 10:41:20 AM8/25/20
to Brian
after several attempts, I cannot still sign up. Error message:

This site is in read only mode. Please continue to browse, but replying, likes, and other actions are disabled for now.
We cannot detect if your account was created, please ensure you have cookies enabled.

Dan Goodman

Aug 25, 2020, 10:49:23 AM8/25/20
to brians...@googlegroups.com

Yep, try later. The whole of Discourse is currently undergoing maintenance. Check here to see when it's finished:

https://status.discourse.org/

Dan