[Ann] New paper: Brian 2, an intuitive and efficient neural simulator

Marcel Stimberg

Aug 21, 2019, 5:41:56 AM8/21/19
to brians...@googlegroups.com, brian-de...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are delighted to report that our paper “Brian 2, an intuitive and
efficient neural simulator” has been accepted for publication in eLife:
https://elifesciences.org/articles/47314

In this paper, we describe a number of examples that showcase various
features of Brian 2, ranging from non-standard neuronal/synaptic models
to interacting with hardware in real time via C++ code. All the code to
run these examples is openly available in a github repository:
https://github.com/brian-team/brian2_paper_examples
The examples are provided as interactive jupyter notebooks, and can be
tried out without a local installation of Brian by running them on the
binder infrastructure:
https://mybinder.org/v2/gh/brian-team/brian2_paper_examples/master?filepath=index.ipynb

If we use Brian 2 for published work in the future, we kindly ask you to
cite this article:

Stimberg M, Brette R, Goodman DFM. “Brian 2, an Intuitive and Efficient
Neural Simulator.” eLife 8 (2019): e47314.
https://doi.org/10.7554/eLife.47314

Best,
  Marcel on behalf of the Brian team

Dilawar Singh

Aug 21, 2019, 5:51:30 AM8/21/19
to brian-de...@googlegroups.com, brians...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations Marcel.

Brian a lovely piece of work. (Shameless plug) I am thinking for integrating Brain2 ease of constructing neural networks,
with our MOOSE Simulator which has good support for multi-scale simulation (chemical models).
Just noticed that brain2 can interact with C++ code (Figure 6)! Not sure if this is a right place for discuss development
related issues. I'll write to you when I give it a try.

cheers,
    Dilawar

Dilawar
NCBS Bangalore