Brewtus IV-R 1/4” Supply Line

brian

Oct 23, 2022, 10:42:05 AM10/23/22
to Brewtus
I moved and took the Brewtus with me.  I had a 3/8” connector to the water supply at the old house. The new house has a 1/4” supply behind the refrigerator. I’m guessing if I reduced the 3/8” to 1/4” it might not be enough water pressure for the Brewtus.  I do have an adjustable regulator on the 3/8”.  Before I go adapting it to 1/4” to find out it’s not enough I thought I’d ask here if anyone is running theirs off 1/4”.

craigstout250

Oct 23, 2022, 3:05:05 PM10/23/22
to bre...@googlegroups.com
I do. Used a John Allen adaptor to bring it down, as I run the machine off a reverse osmosis filter

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 23, 2022, at 07:42, brian <par...@gmail.com> wrote:

I moved and took the Brewtus with me.  I had a 3/8” connector to the water supply at the old house. The new house has a 1/4” supply behind the refrigerator. I’m guessing if I reduced the 3/8” to 1/4” it might not be enough water pressure for the Brewtus.  I do have an adjustable regulator on the 3/8”.  Before I go adapting it to 1/4” to find out it’s not enough I thought I’d ask here if anyone is running theirs off 1/4”.

Adam Meade

Oct 23, 2022, 3:35:53 PM10/23/22
to bre...@googlegroups.com
I'm likely one of the least knowledgeable people on here, but my understanding is that the Brewtus doesn't need pressure, just water to be available. Before I could plumb mine, I just stuck the intake into a pitcher of water for a couple of months and it drank what it needed.

I do the same now to descale it... Just put the intake in a pitcher of deacaling agent.

brian

Oct 24, 2022, 8:10:07 PM10/24/22
to Brewtus
What is a John Allen adapter?

Craig Stout

Oct 24, 2022, 8:11:43 PM10/24/22
to bre...@googlegroups.com
Oops - John Guest. Hadn’t had my customary 3 doubles when I replied😀