Brew pressure gauge stopped working

Andrey Sychev

Jan 25, 2022, 8:09:52 PM1/25/22
to bre...@googlegroups.com
So my machine is mostly back together but I noticed a new side effect after changing heating element in the brew boiler - my brew pressure gauge does not show anything whether i am using blind filter or just draining water. Any guesses what’s off? The only obvious failure point I noticed was this cooked connector here.

Video.mov
image0.jpeg

Andrey Sychev

Jan 26, 2022, 1:28:03 AM1/26/22
to 'Andrey Sychev' via Brewtus
Actually, pressurestat is probably unrelated. Looks like brew pressure gauge connected to the boiler by this thin copper line but idk if it’s glued or that tight but removing it with a 16mm wrench is impossible. Likely it’s clogged up by heat element insulation. Do I remove the top or bottom nut? Is it easier if it’s hot? Thanks

image0.jpeg

Andrey Sychev

Jan 26, 2022, 4:08:56 PM1/26/22
to 'Andrey Sychev' via Brewtus
Managed to undo the bolt and as expected, brew gauge line opening was completely blocked by white sludge. Cleaned as much as I could and it is working again.

Sent from my iPhone