wtb - reservoir brewtus

Eric Christoffersen

Jul 24, 2023, 8:09:42 PM7/24/23
to Brewtus
I went shopping for a 2nd machine and not really impressed. Now thinking it'd be best to just get another brewtus. I figure I can keep them running or bring them back to life.

Anyone have an old brewtus they'd sell me? Condition/aesthetics aren't important but I do need one that can be used without plumbing.

Cheers,
Eric

Eric Christoffersen

Aug 23, 2023, 4:42:39 PM8/23/23
to Brewtus
To close this I ended up getting a b4 off ebay. Quite a lovely machine inside.

Jared Clifton

Sep 12, 2023, 11:14:17 AM9/12/23
to Brewtus
What'd you end up paying, if you don't mind me asking? Trying to decide if it makes sense to hold onto my current machine, and wondering what they're going for these days.

peter riess

Sep 12, 2023, 8:58:25 PM9/12/23
to bre...@googlegroups.com
I found one locally. Ended up paying $600. The seller was asking $950…

The B4 works perfectly aside from a small leak (2tbs) during warm up.

Eric Christoffersen

Oct 19, 2023, 2:13:47 PM10/19/23
to Brewtus
Mine was $600 but needed some unknown repair. And shipping was $190. New reverse pressure valve was $28. Thing is an absolute peach now.

I was so close to pulling the trigger on a profitec 700 for $3200. Looks like a good machine but that price... so I bought a used breville oracle that was fortunately still under warranty. That is a machine you definitely don't want to own... is like that little girl in the exorcist and they won't sell you parts.

I'm really glad I waited because these brewtus are perfectly adequate machines and parts availability is terrific. I'm driving this one with a kafatek mc5 and once you have a brewtus-level machine then definitely the grinder is the thing that matters.