No steam boiler power

Adam Meade

Oct 12, 2021, 4:27:53 PM10/12/21
to Brewtus
Hi everyone,

A few weeks ago, I started having intermittent problems with the steam boiler not getting power.  When it started, the machine powered on normally in the morning but at some point in the day, the steam boiler would lose power (no red light on the front, no steam pressure, etc.).  Now, it doesn't get power at all at machine start-up.  It's as though the switch is off to the steam boiler... the brew boiler starts heating up right away and no problems at all with it.

A potentially related issue is that I heard the pressure release value kick in a couple of times when the intermittent problems started.  This makes me wonder if the pressurestat could be to blame (as I've replaced one of those already).

I tried the steps in WWL electrical system test (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIiLeRdVWAU).  The pressurestat is getting power from the steam boiler switch and relaying it just fine to the brew boiler but I can't get power to the steam boiler.  The high limit switch on the steam boiler had resistance and seemed OK when I tested it according to the video.

I wasn't sure how to test the steam boiler switch as I didn't see a good wiring diagram for it.

Bad switch, pressurestat, or something else?

Thanks,

Adam

Aaron Skelsey

Oct 12, 2021, 11:17:09 PM10/12/21
to bre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

If the brew boiler starts up straight away, then it would be the pressurestat switching the steam boiler off and diverting power to the brew boiler before the pressure has built up in the steam boiler.

Cheers,
Aaron.

Adam Meade

Oct 13, 2021, 8:04:02 PM10/13/21
to bre...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Aaron.

I'm going to throw a new pressurestat in there and see what happens.  Right now, power never makes it to the steam boiler.  We'll see what happens with the new pressurestat.  (sorry for the delay, this wound up in spam somehow)

Adam

Adam Meade

Oct 17, 2021, 3:39:07 PM10/17/21
to bre...@googlegroups.com
For those curious, the pressurestat was to blame for the lack of steam boiler power.

Adam

--sent from phone