Brennan can't find a network

Steven Kennard

May 13, 2021, 1:37:36 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all

Earlier, suddenly my phone could not connect to the B2. I have tried all of the trouble shooting steps - restarted Brennan, restarted router, restarted phone. The B2 says it has no network connection. A manual scan for a WiFi shows no network found. The router is not far from the Brennan and the WiFi dongle is not loose, but firmly seated.

Dead in the water?

Steven

Daniel Taylor

May 13, 2021, 1:59:42 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
It could just be a dead WiFi adapter.  When it was working, do you know what your WiFi signal strength was?  If it was low (a higher negative number) you might want to try getting one with an antenna (it must be RT5370 compatible).  If your unit is still under warranty, maybe Brennan will send you a new basic WiFi adapter.

But to narrow it down better, do you have an ethernet cable you can use to connect to your router?  If so, be sure and unplug the WiFi adapter.

JFBUK

May 13, 2021, 2:19:11 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Steven,

Dumb question, but can you confirm that your phone and/or other devices can still see your wifi network ?

John

Ken Tarr

May 13, 2021, 2:22:45 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
AlWifi connected, B2 shows IP address just no control window

Steven Kennard

May 13, 2021, 2:24:07 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel. Will try to connect directly.

Not under warranty.

John, in this situation no question is a dumb question - yes, everything else can see it. And the location of the B2 hasn't changed in relation to the router for the past year.

Cheers

Steven

Ken Tarr

May 13, 2021, 2:26:04 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
I can still load up the main Brennan window, that has the
CHome Reatures Questions along the top

Ken Tarr

May 13, 2021, 2:35:35 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Lost Brennan App, I loaded a Blood Pressure, Omron, App yesterday, it must have interfered.
Now new

We B2 App is not loading properly.  Is it related to google account not registered. Although I did that early this morning, not sure why it wasn’t done before
Thanks Ken

Ken Tarr

May 13, 2021, 2:44:49 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum

App will not download from the Cloud, ie the direct cloud logo, not Get. Why?
Can it relate to some registeration of ?Google to Brennan, as a statement on this form mentions.
Could it be interference from a blood pressure App, Omron installed since B2 las used.
How to fix
Thanks Ken
Thanks
Ken
Message has been deleted

Ken Tarr

May 13, 2021, 3:10:59 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
So answer must be Omron App download. But now fixed by reconnect to WiFi, then
Download B2App again. Surprise all music still ther.
Problem now is  vTuner radio connection not loading.
Ken
On Friday, May 14, 2021 at 6:49:24 AM UTC+12 Daniel Taylor wrote:
Hi Ken,
Maybe you should go back over to the other thread you started and start over again from the beginning.  I, for one, am still confused about what you're seeing.

Peter Lowham

May 13, 2021, 3:48:16 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi there,

Vtuner is down at the moment.  This is not a Brennan problem.

Regards,
Peter.

Steven Kennard

May 13, 2021, 4:28:23 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
There are a load of posts on here that make no sense to me with this issue.

But the VTuner thing rings a bell. I was searching that when the thing went pear-shaped.
And directly connected it works but I was thrown by not getting the Vtuner presets etc. So assumed it was still broken.
I might hold off on buying a new network wifi adapter, but honestly getting a little tired of the whole thing and going into the fresh air and garden where almost everything makes sense.
Cheers
Steven

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 13, 2021, 4:37:27 PM5/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven

The B2 accesses and uses (via the internet) external "public" services over which Brennan have no control. If any of these services have issues then you will see these fail on the B2 BUT this is not the B2's fault.
The B2 also sits on your house LAN (usually by WiFi (but best by Ethernet cable)) and is acting as a server. As such your experience of it is very susceptible to any shortcomings or inconsistencies in the LAN environment that your house Router provides.
A poor WiFi signal or faulty Router will result in you having issues with the B2 - again this is not the B2's fault, it would be the Routers fault. However most of us do not really think about the IT "plumbing" on a day to day basis and frequently blame the B2 for glitches.

Fred

PMB

May 14, 2021, 5:04:16 AM5/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Steven,

Further to what Fred has posted, it appears the B2 does get unhappy if WiFi is poor, weak or keeps dropping out. In these cases it spends all it's efforts trying to reconnect or keep the connection. With internet radio, if the service isn't available then it can freeze.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Steven Kennard

May 18, 2021, 3:45:05 PM5/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all,

Since this conversation I have spent quite a bit of time with my internet provider. After a lot of fiddling and improving settings on their end, they are sending me a new modem. I should have that sometime probably early next week. This hopefully will resolve any possible WiFi issues.

I hope things will improve.

Cheers

Steven

PMB