A question about compression

David Tellett

Jun 29, 2020, 1:29:00 PM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello, the majority of the music ripped to my B2 is WAV, since I chose “no compression” on ripping as I have plenty of disk space.
However, can anyone tell me, if I select FLAC compression and “compress now”, how the B2 will choose the order of the files to compress? Will it start at the earliest ripped CD? Start alphabetically, or perhaps with the most recently ripped CD?

David

Daniel Taylor

Jun 29, 2020, 2:01:46 PM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
I can't say for certain, but I suspect it will start converting in the order in which the tracks were originally ripped.

Peter Lowham

Jun 29, 2020, 3:17:33 PM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Daniel is correct, the conversion will be in the order in which the CDs were originally loaded.  You can find the order if you plug a USB stick into the USB C port and then use 'Settings' -- 'Maintenance' -- 'b2db tp USB C' option. This sends the B2 database file to USB C.  Plug the USB stick into a PC or Mac and load this file into 'Notepad++' or similar.  The '.flac' conversion will start at the top of this file and work its way down this file in order following this file listing.

Regards,
Peter.

David Tellett

Jun 29, 2020, 7:22:58 PM6/29/20
to Brennan Forum
That’s great, thanks so much guys for your feedback! 👍