Does the B2 playback to Ethernet?

Jeff Levy

May 13, 2020, 9:03:02 PM5/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi - does anyone know if the B2 can playback to ethernet? I have would like to plug it into my Beosound Core network, and then broadcast wirelessly. Thank you!

Keith Conrad

May 13, 2020, 10:04:48 PM5/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Jeff,

Playback to ethernet, no, wireless yes, and from what I saw at the Core website it has an optical input, so can run optical cable to your Core.

Keith Conrad
USA

Daniel Taylor

May 14, 2020, 8:03:04 AM5/14/20
to Brennan Forum
I'm not sure what you mean by playback to ethernet.

You can control the B2 from the WebUI, which requires that the B2 be connected to your home network either by WiFi or direct ethernet cable.
You can access the B2's HDD when it is set up as a NAS drive, and that can also be accessed when the B2 is connected to your home network either by WiFi or direct ethernet cable.

However, you cannot run the B2 with it connected directly to your equipment by ethernet cable.  It must be on your local network.