Adding exported playlists to the NAS music folder

Jon Degenhardt

Jan 21, 2022, 1:07:43 PM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi all,

I was looking into how I might be able to export and convert Brennan B2 playlists into a format Sonos could read. Appears easy enough. With the B2 setup as a NAS  drive, the B2 playlists can be read and manipulated remotely using ssh and scp. According to Sonos documentation, there are several standard playlist file formats it can read. So export and conversion should be easy enough.

The next question is where to put the exported playlist files so that Sonos can read them. Sonos docs indicate looking for playlist files in the main music folder on the NAS drive, and alternate directories can be used as well. I could write the files to the B2 music directory. Technically not an issue. But it's a directory used and managed by the B2. I'm hesitant about adding additional files that might interfere with the B2's operation.

Anyone have knowledge or thoughts about this? I'm a new B2 owner, don't have much experience with how the B2 software works or how the development process happens. Or, perhaps there's a different route I should be taking to export B2 playlists to Sonos.

--Jon

JFBUK

Jan 21, 2022, 4:27:35 PM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jon,

I don’t have a Sonos so cannot test this but I think there may be a way to copy playlists albeit one by one.

The B2B version of the Brennan software can send a playlist to the queue of a Sonos speaker or group

It’s possible to save a Sonos queue as a Sonos playlist

I don’t know whether the Brennan sends just the playlist name or each track to the Sonos so not sure exactly what would be saved.

I’d be interested to know if this helps/works

John

Jon Degenhardt

Jan 21, 2022, 4:52:05 PM1/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John. I agree, this is worth looking into. It would be preferable to do this supported features of the products. --Jon