Unable to access artist

John Bisset

Mar 24, 2021, 5:59:17 AM3/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Suddenly I was unable to access an artist to play album. The symptoms were that, although I could see the artist, album and tracks on the GUI, when I tried to play any track it would appear to start then skip to the next track then skip again then the B2 would freeze. I could play any other artist with no problem. I looked at the offending artist etc on Windows Explorer using the NAS function and everything looked fine but using a windows player to play direct wouldn't work and froze the player. Once again no problem with other artists.
I solved the problem by copying my backup for that artist using NAS and scan disk. Artist now plays perfectly.
I was fortunate that I backup daily using Allway Sync on an incremental basis and had a viable copy!

PMB

Mar 25, 2021, 6:04:07 AM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Sloopjo...,

Try running Scan Disk - Settings menu - which refreshes the internal database the B2 uses to locate and play music.

Paul
Brennan Support.

John Bisset

Mar 25, 2021, 3:30:55 PM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
First second & third thing I tried Paul ( restarting B2 between scans)

PMB

Mar 26, 2021, 4:53:24 AM3/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi sloopjo...,

So it sounds like that Artist got corrupted somehow and you have managed to replace it using the copy on your backup.

Paul
Brennan Support.