copying files from B2 to USB

vijay...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2021, 9:03:10 PM6/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all

I want to copy some albums from the B2 to a USB stick.  I did this once, a long time ago, and I had to log into the computer to manually copy files from the command line.  This was very quick and painless.  I'm happy to still do this, but unfortunately, I can't remember how.

Can someone please remind me?

I actually like this method more than fiddling with the menu options in the front.  I want to copy more than a dozen albums and doing it from a terminal is so much faster.

Thanks
Vijay

PMB

Jun 8, 2021, 4:50:05 AM6/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Vijay,

You probably used NAS mode where you could see the files on the B2's HDD on your computer. So -

Make sure NAS on the B2 is on - Maintenance menu >> Start NAS
Go to 'network' on your computer - you should see BRENNANB2 after a while
Select this and enter the user name (root) and password (brennan)
This will display two folders - music and playlist
Click on music and you will see a list of Artists
Click on one of these to see the Albums

You can copy and paste these files as you would for any computer files.

Paul
Brennan Support.

vijay...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2021, 11:21:55 AM6/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul.  This is great.

This isn't what I did before -- I opened Terminal on my Mac, logged in to the Brennan via the Terminal, and copied files and albums using Linux/Unix commands.  But that was 3 years ago, and I don't remember what I did then.

However, this is just as easy.  Thanks again.

Best
Vijay