Playing music (from B2) though Sonos AND wired speakers?

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 29, 2022, 9:23:12 AM3/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Hey..

I have some nice wired speakers connected to my B2 and also a few Sonos speakers dotted around the house. I love that I can play music to any number of my Sonos speakers... but haven't worked out a way of playing (the same) music though the B2's wired speakers AND my Sonos speakers simultaniously.

The only option I can think of is to use a Sonos connect to add my B2's wired speakers to my Sonos network and then group the Speakers in the Sonos app.

Any other option I've missed?

Cheers

Dunc

Daniel Taylor

Mar 29, 2022, 9:54:25 AM3/29/22
to Brennan Forum
AFAIK. your idea is the only one that will allow you to play the same music in sync on your Sonos and wired speakers.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2022, 10:00:45 AM3/29/22
to Brennan Forum
You can NOT synchronise your wired speakers with the Sonos ones. The B2 does not send music directly to the Sonos speakers but to the Sonos SYSTEM which then plays what it has been sent to the speakers requested. This being the case there no obvious way to get them synked.
Putting the wired speakers into the Sonos system would I think work!

Fred

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 29, 2022, 10:04:27 AM3/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Yup... this is my understanding as well.

But Mr Brennan is a clever chap and I was just wondering if he'd dreamed up a work around.

Meanwile... I'll use a Sonos connect   :)

Daniel Taylor

Mar 29, 2022, 10:04:44 AM3/29/22
to Brennan Forum
If I understand it correctly, the Sonos Connect device is how you get your speakers integrated into the Sonos system.  I've read that other people have done that successfully.

Duncan Shea-Simonds

Mar 29, 2022, 10:04:50 AM3/29/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel