700CDs in

rabscal...@rocketmail.com

Jan 20, 2021, 3:32:42 PM1/20/21
to Brennan Forum
B3A4628C-A990-4A73-9048-354EFB445D4F.jpegI’ve had my B2 for three weeks or so now and I’ve loaded about 700 discs without any problems. I thought I’d add this post for the benefit of those thinking of getting one who might be put off by the technical difficulties some have reported on here, as it might look like it’s a troublesome device.

 This little box  looks great and plays all my discs superbly. I’ve followed the advice of Fred W on this forum and had no issues. When loading don’t do anything else do them in batches of twenty and then compress. Ive backed up about every 50 or so. I’ve used scan disc regularly as well.

.I’ve had a few discs that didn’t show on the database but not many at all. The UI works great as well.

For anyone thinking of getting this I would recommend it. I can access all my CDs so easily now. I’m playing through my amp and the sound quality is ace.

Mark Fishman

Jan 20, 2021, 4:11:03 PM1/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Wonderful review. And wonderful product, when used as directed.

Thanks for sharing your experience. -- m.

Peter Lowham

Jan 20, 2021, 4:17:34 PM1/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi there,

Great that you are enjoying your B2!  I've had my older B2 for 4 years now and it has performed almost faultlessly.  I've got a couple of suggestions to make which might keep you on an even keel.

1.  Take a backup (using the 'Export' function) in order to secure your music collection in the event of a HDD failure.

2.  If you are using a WiFi connection, replace the USB WiFi dongle with an antenna based USB WiFi device (check that is RT5370 compatible).

Enjoy your B2!

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Lowham

Jan 20, 2021, 4:26:56 PM1/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi again,

My apologies, I see that you are already taking backups, good stuff, so disregard point 1.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Jan 21, 2021, 4:58:49 AM1/21/21