SSD upgrade

Ralph Featherstone

Mar 6, 2021, 8:16:59 PM3/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Recently I asked if the SSD could be upgraded. I received an answer pertaining to HDD upgrades but no reply about the SSD used in my 256GB SSD in my B2. Without my opening the B2 does anyone know?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2021, 4:30:19 AM3/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi rdfeath

Yes, The HDD or SDD inside a B2 is upgradable (Subject to the maximum capacity of 2Tb imposed by a FAT32 file system).
The space and connectors inside the B2 are for a SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Drive format, be that HDD or SSD.

Fred

Ralph Featherstone

Mar 15, 2021, 4:46:29 PM3/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks, that is the info I needed. I didn't want to open my B2 and void warranty.

Mike W

Mar 15, 2021, 5:41:10 PM3/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Opening up the B2 will not void the warranty, in fact it's actively promoted with step by step instructions on the Brennan website..

PMB

Mar 16, 2021, 4:14:55 AM3/16/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi rdfeath...,

Here is a - link - to some instructions for changing the HDD. This will be the same for an SSD.

Paul
Brennan Support.