low power or off from the front panel

william todd

Oct 18, 2021, 1:43:27 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum

Gents

as discussed before
im planning on my in car entertainment system with a Brennan B2
when the unit is installed there is no access to the back of the unit
just wondering if there has ever been an update or someone had found a method of reducing the power consumption when the unit is not being used
currently i only have two methods of connecting the unit

constant ... on all time
remote ... powers up and down  every time  i start the car  (not ideal )

i have reduced the brightness of the B2 to minimum and also turned off the speakers function
is there anything else i can do

thanks
Nath

Daniel Taylor

Oct 18, 2021, 2:20:43 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
The B2s being sold currently, have a power on/off switch on the back of the unit.  You could remove that and the wires that connect to it could be extended to a switch that you position for best access.

william todd

Oct 18, 2021, 5:02:50 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
unfortunately on my B2 there is no switch so i do not even have this as an option

Daniel Taylor

Oct 18, 2021, 5:19:28 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
In that case, whatl you'd have to do is break into one of the leads (preferably the positive lead) that feeds the power input.  If you're having someone else do the installation for you, it'll be easy for them.

Peter Lowham

Oct 18, 2021, 5:43:45 PM10/18/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi William,

Here is another way of providing switchable power to your B2 in the vehicle without cutting any wires.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/REARMASTER-Cigarette-Lighter-Adapter-Extension/dp/B07DPMQFM8/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=power+switch+2.5+5.5&qid=1634593153&sr=8-18

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Oct 19, 2021, 8:46:46 AM10/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

That looks a useful gadget and it comes with the correct DC plug - 5.5 x 2.1mm.

Hi William,

I recommend turning off the power to the B2 when not being used as standby still pulls a small amount of power.

Paul
Brennan Support.