Connectivity

Arthur Halling

Aug 4, 2021, 5:22:07 AM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
I just bought a B2 from an authorised Brennan repair centre ATB electronics to use with a pair of Kef LSX speakers.
no sound yet from kef from B2 , speakers OK from an optical input.

The B2 shows online radio stations but no sound, .

Edwyn Corteen

Aug 4, 2021, 6:27:02 AM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
How are you connecting to these speakers they can only do Bluetooth with the B2? From the settings menu scan Bluetooth to connect then Play Bluetooth from the main menu

Daniel Taylor

Aug 4, 2021, 6:27:27 AM8/4/21
to Brennan Forum
How are you connecting the B2 to the speakers?  Direct analog line outout, digital Toslink output, speaker wires, Bluetooth?

PMB

Aug 5, 2021, 6:58:00 AM8/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Arthur

Please tell us more about how you have the Kef's connected to the B2. It appears the Kef's have a Line In and an Optical in so either can be used with the B2.

Is the B2 connected to your WiFi network and displaying an IP Address - something like 192.168.1.127?

When you say the B2 is displaying a Radio Station, is the lower line on the display showing a % that isn't zero e.g. Internet Radio Playing 98.2%?

Is ATB AudioTech?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Aug 5, 2021, 9:29:23 AM8/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Arthur,
We'd like to help, but we need a bit more information.  You said "no sound yet from kef from B2 , speakers OK from an optical input."  From that I take it that when you hook up to the KEFs via the optical input, they work okay, but you'd prefer to connect some other way that, so far, isn't working.  Please tell us how you'd like to connect and what you've tried.

Arthur Halling

Aug 6, 2021, 11:51:45 AM8/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your interest, I'm getting there slowly and your replies are really helpful.

Connectivity aside I have another problem in that 525gb of data which I have both on my Windows 10 and on a portable 1tb back up, these are mostly FLAC but also many high definition tracks
which I want to get on the B2.

These were both saved as NTFS and the B2 can only accept FAT32, any ideas on how to sort that will be most welcome.

Paul at Brennan suggested connecting the B2 to the Kef's using the aux socket which I'll try when I can.

The sound from the Kef's from Sky Arts   concerts is amazing, takes me back to the days when I was using Quad amps and Quad electrostatic speakers, yes, I've been doing this that long.

Thank you all.

Arthur Halling

Daniel Taylor

Aug 6, 2021, 4:56:50 PM8/6/21
to Brennan Forum
The songs that you have on a NTFS disk must be transferred to a FAT32 disk before they can be Imported onto the B2.  The songs must be organized in a folder structure like this:  Artist\Album\tracks
The B2 can format a disk for you, and then you will be sure it's correct for the B2 to read.  When you first plug in a disk, if it's not already formatted as FAT32, the B2 will act like there's nothing there.  Ignore that, and run the Format USB A (or C, depending on which port you use).  That command is in the Maintenance menu.  Be sure to not run the Format HDD command by mistake, as that will erase all the music on your B2's internal disk.

PMB

Aug 9, 2021, 4:00:47 AM8/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Arthur,

So format the 1TB HDD, as Daniel suggests and then copy the music to the HDD again. The B2 will then recognise the HDD and you can use the 'Import USB C (or USB A depending which port you use)' option from the USB menu.

Make sure the music on the HDD is arranged as follows -

music - a folder
          Artist 1 - a folder - e.g. The Beatles
                      Album 1 - a folder - e.g. Abbey Road
                                    Track 1 - e.g. Here comes the Sun.flac
                                    Track 2
                                    etc
                       Album 2
             Artist 2
                       Album 1
                                    etc

music - must only contain Artist folders - no other files
Artist/s - must only contain Album folders - no other files
Album/s - can contain Track and album artworks in .jpg format.

Paul
Brennan Support.