After I ran Tag Music--half of my music is not showing on the Brennan interface

Kirk Haupt

Jan 3, 2022, 6:28:23 PM1/3/22
to Brennan Forum

Help! After running Tag Music (I know, it’s experimental), about a half of my Music Tracks and their Albums are not showing on the Brennan B2 interface.

Prior to running Tag Music, I was having difficulty getting Sonos to re-index and update my Brennan library after renaming some albums for organization purposes.  I was working with the latest Brennan update, had run Scan Disc numerous times, rebooted and then scanned disc, turned off Classic Mode, etc., but some of my Artists/Albums changes as they were renamed and indexed on the Brennan were not making it to the Sonos Music Library.  I decided to give Tag Music a try.  Big oops--should have let it go.

After running Tag Music, the Brennan interface is seeing only 2464 of the 4,489 tracks that were indexed before tagging. Some artists are not showing on the Brennan interface at all, while other artists are missing some but not all of their albums. Sonos, which I purposely did not re-index after seeing what happened on the  Brennan, can still find and play my entire music collection, including the albums that are not showing on the Brennan interface.

Advice on where to go from here? Prior to tagging, my Brennan music was backed up to external drive. Thanks for any help from the Brennan community.

Daniel Taylor

Jan 3, 2022, 7:09:45 PM1/3/22
to Brennan Forum
One thing to be aware of is that when you rename on the B2, that does not rename the tag.  Sonos looks at the tags, while the B2 looks at the file and folder names.

I would have thought that the Scan Disk command would have fixed the problem.  Sorry I have no other advice.

Kirk Haupt

Jan 3, 2022, 8:22:22 PM1/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Neophyte that I am, I had not run Scan Disc after running Tag Music. Scan Disc took care of my problem.  And the issues that I originally had with Sonos seem to have been resolved. Thanks very much, Daniel.