B2 and Apple Homepods

Peter Thomas

Oct 20, 2020, 4:25:12 AM10/20/20
to Brennan Forum

I'm looking for a way to connect my B2 to a stereo pair of Apple Homepods. Infamously the homepods are part of Apple's proprietary world. I'm in Greece at the moment,  The B2 enbles me to move all my music between the UK and here, but lugging my IMF TLS80s backwards and forwards is a bit tricky :-), thus the homepods, not great smart speakers but the best sound from modern active, DSP controlled ones and it's the sound that is important to me.

The Homepods work via Airplay 2, so I need a way of getting Airplay to work  on the Brennan. I noticed that the Raspberry Pi that powers the B2 can be programmed as an Airplay device, is this a solution?

Failing that I have a late model Airport Express Router A1392 with built in Airplay, so can I send the music from the B2 to that via Ethernet and thus to the Homepods

Thanks for any suggestions Peter