B2 Bluetooth playback from record deck

Trevor Kilbey

Sep 25, 2020, 5:11:19 AM9/25/20
to Brennan Forum
I recently was gifted a small collection of brand new LP's. I bought a Sony PS-LX310BT deck which has built in Bluetooth. I paired with my Brennan B2 and started to play.

It sounded as though the needle was loosing contact with the disc, not skipping tracks but millisecond gaps in the output. On commanding the deck to stop thus raising the tone arm, the music output continued for about 3 seconds after the arm moved up. My guess is the deck output goes through buffering in the B2.

Thinking this might also contribute to the gaps, I switched to using my Sennheiser bluetooth headphones and the problem disappeared.

As I do not want to use headphones all the time, does the problem lie in the B2 or the Dongle which is a Maxxtro 4.0?

Any experience?

Edwyn Corteen

Sep 25, 2020, 9:17:08 AM9/25/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Trevor

What version of B2 firmware do you have? Click on cog icon on webui, top item will have this, if it starts B2 then a date, there is a specific update available which starts B2B that includes a full update of Bluetooth, if you can follow the instructions on the techy page https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/Techy look for new SD card you can upgrade your SD card to this new version (do a normal firmware update after writing the new SD card.), if not you can order a new SD card from the shop page.

If you already have the B2B version make sure it is the latest, B2B Jul 21 2020 08:11:29

PMB

Sep 28, 2020, 3:08:18 AM9/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Trevor,

Please let us know what software version your B2 is running, as Edwyn suggests.

Paul
Brennan Support.