Is it possible to synchronize wired B2 speakers with Sonos using the Sonos port?

Mark Brooks

Jan 25, 2022, 1:54:52 PM1/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Hello everyone.  Does anyone have an experience with this issue?  Will connecting a Sonos Port allow me to synchronize the wired Brennan speakers with my Sonos system?  Does that work if the wired speakers are running through my stereo receiver (connected to the B2 via the line out/SPDFI port to the receiver)?

Thanks for any insights.

MB

Mark Brooks
Jan 24, 2022, 1:49:13 PM (23 hours ago)
to Brennan Forum
Colleagues:  I have been trying to determine whether it is possible to synchronize wired speakers connected to my B2 through my stereo receiver with the pair of Sonos One SL speakers I recently placed in another room.

I gather from reading comments on this forum that this is not possible technically, except that there may be a workaround involving connecting a Sonos port to the Brennan, which would allow the wired speakers to be treated just like any other Sonos speakers on the system and then "grouping" them with the Sonos speakers via the Sonos app.

My questions are:
1. Does this really work ?
2. If so, how do I connect all three pieces of equipment?  I am currently connecting the B2 to the stereo using the line out/SPDIF port on the B2 connected to the optical port on the receiver.  The only ports available on the Sonos port are two sets of RCA (in and out); a digital out port, and two ethernet ports.  On my receiver I have available sets of audio RCA ports (in and out), plus the optical port I am currently using to connect the B2 to the stereo system.  The B2 has the line out/SPDIF port, an AUX in port, plus the two sets of speaker ports and ethernet ports.  How exactly do I connect what to what?
3.  Has anyone experience issues with poor sound quality from the Sonos port?  I have seen at least one unfavorable review here: https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/sonos-port

Thanks for any suggestions!

PMB

Jan 26, 2022, 3:42:50 AM1/26/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi MB,

It is not possible to synchronise the output to B2 speakers and Sonos. The only work around is to not use the B2's speakers, Line Out or Optical and play everything through Sonos or consider you have two systems - receiver or Sonos.

Paul
Brennan Support.