JB7 V B2

Chris Williams

Nov 5, 2021, 1:00:00 PM11/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I brought a JB7, 10 years ago and have had no problems at all (over 3000 cd's loaded) apart from the screen display degrading somewhat, there have been no problems whatsoever. I did contemplate updating my JB7 and getting it refurbished. However. I decided to bite the bullet and go for a brand new B2 in September. Due to the external speakers not working after a couple of months it has been returned for a repair ( 2 weeks and counting!). I am just wondering if with all of the problems that the B2 seems to be encountering I would have been better off sticking with my old trusty B7 which never let me down?

KJ Palmer

Nov 5, 2021, 1:59:31 PM11/5/21
to Brennan Forum
It's probably down to whether you need all the functionality of the B2. I've had my JB7 for over ten years, also with no problems at all. Maybe the display is starting to dim, not sure,  so could be due for a refurbishing some time. Had a B2 for a short while but really didn't need (or want) the extra bells and whistles. Got a BB1 (and then another one) and I'm very happy with those, and the JB7 for daily/nightly use. Simple is best in my case.

Chris Williams

Nov 5, 2021, 3:44:42 PM11/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I do like the B2 , but agree that simple maybe for the best and my old JB7 has never let me down.

I thought, that when I received my B2 that my older JB7 would be retired forever. However it is now back in action and looks like it could be in use
 for sometime as I wait for the B2 repair to happen. It's very frustrating!

lesli...@hotmail.com

Nov 5, 2021, 6:20:13 PM11/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I likewise have a 10 year old JB7, and the screen went after 8 years. I had it refurbished by AudioTech, and it now acts as my master back up with all my music on it. I did buy a B2 and a BB1 this year, and use them all differently, and equally.

The B2 has about 50% of my music on it - the principal albums I can't do without. The BB1 has lots of greatest hits and compilations, along with must have YouTube videos. I have all three together in my studio room, and I switch between the B2 and JB7 and one set of BSPs via a Beresford TC-7210 switch box..

I use my laptop to connect with the B2 and BB1 along with my smartphone, which I use to play Spotify downloads via the B2. It all works really well for me, and I didn't want to give up my JB7, as I have a very strong emotional attachment to it.  Getting the music together across all three with backups has been a long haul (and isn't finished), but that's all part of the enjoyment!

I am just about to consign my very old audio separates to recycling (like my vinyl), but couldn't live without my digitised music and my Brennan 'family'.
Leslie

PMB

Nov 8, 2021, 3:48:00 AM11/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris Williams,

Are you in the UK? Please let me know via -   thebrennanb2    @   gmail   .   com   - no spaces, and I will check on the progress of your repair.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Mike T

Nov 9, 2021, 4:28:48 AM11/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Sorry to say I have had a similar experience - had JB7 10 years or so, has been brilliant and still in service! The B2 has just not lived up to expectations - bought it for its conectivity - WiFi functions and it fails to work. Tried all the recomendations on the forum, different dongles, antenae etc , replaced router etc .
Now going to have to hard wire it at some time which rather defeats the object of having it ! (hard wire via plug through WiFi connectors don't work as router on different 240v circuit).
Long live the JB7 !!
Mike
Message has been deleted

JFBUK

Nov 9, 2021, 5:17:22 AM11/9/21
to Brennan Forum
Mike,

I have a wi-fi extender to boost my Wi-Fi signal for my B2 and it works fine (not a powerline solution).

The one I have is not currently available on Amazon but there are others

John

PMB

Nov 10, 2021, 4:24:55 AM11/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

Please let us know more about the WiFi problems you are having with the B2. It does work so it can only be a setup, security setting or perhaps a faulty dongle issue.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Nov 10, 2021, 4:26:46 AM11/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris W,

Your B2 should be on it's way to you now. As explained in my email, AudioTech recently moved premises and were a little behind with repairs but are catching up now.

Paul
Brennan Support.